This audio accessory is designed to work over a wide variety of applications from remote field recording to desktop/studio tracking. Each of the two low noise input channels has up to 48 dB of clean gain with signal present and clip LED indicators. Inputs can be either XLR balanced or 1/4-inch TRS. Each of the 1/4-inch TRS outputs is buffered low impedance balanced.
The USB Dual Pre receives power from the USB bus. Depending on the application, an internal 9V battery or an optional external 12V power supply (or any combination of USB, battery, and power supply) can be used. When running solely on battery power, you should expect more than 50 hours of operation with phantom power turned off. When phantom powering is turned on, the battery life drops to about 20 hours (depending on the microphone).
When powered by any power source, including the USB bus, the built-in low noise +48 Volt phantom power supply allows you to power up to two microphones as well as the preamplifier.
An 1/8-inch TRS mini headphone jack on the rear, along with level and monitor mix controls, allows for latency-free local monitoring of the inputs while recording, as well as playback monitoring of the USB bus. The monitor mix is also routed to the balanced 1/4-inch TRS outputs. This allows you to use the 1/4-inch outputs as preamplifier outputs or as monitor feeds to powered monitors. The USB interface adheres to the USB 1.1 specification and employs USB adaptive mode for playback and USB asynchronous mode for recording. It is compatible with the USB audio device drivers included with Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista and Apple OS9.1/OSX computers that support native USB. There are no special drivers required.
- USB Connectivity to Desktop and Laptop Computers
- Low Noise Fully Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS Combi Inputs
- Up to 48 dB of Clean Gain
- Built-in Low Noise Phantom Power Supply
- Latency Free Monitoring Mix and Level Controls
- Independent Channel Gain Controls 1/4-inch TRS Balanced Monitor and 1/8-inch Headphone Monitor Outputs
- Compact, Stackable all Aluminum Chassis
- Flexible 3-way Power from USB, External Supply, or 9 Volt Battery